At Sisel, everyone has the opportunity to live a better, healthier lifestyle. You have the means to work hard, earn money, improve your health, and accomplish what you put your mind to.
As you go out and recruit new Distributors, it may seem beneficial to share your income or earnings to inspire and motivate others. You may also want to share photos that show off purchases, houses, vacations, or other financial achievements.
Unfortunately, this is likely in violation of advertising regulations established by the Federal Trade Commissions (FTC). Without proper data or the compliant presentation of the data, making any financial claims in an effort to encourage new enrollees can be illegal and even grounds for legal action by the FTC or other Federal or State regulatory agencies.
Another thing to keep in mind is that while everyone is offered the same opportunity, there are many variables that affect the success of any given distributor. Saying, “I was able to buy a new house and so can you” is likely misleading. Location, experience, schedules, effort, and more can all affect new distributors and their businesses.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when prospecting new enrollees:
- In order to make claims such as “You can have X” or “You can earn X,” you need objective evidence backing your claim, irrefutably proving that all Distributors can have or earn what you’re promising.
- Inferred claims, such as “Quit your job” or “Work from home,” can imply a promise of substantial income, and should be avoided. Even using pictures portraying wealthy lifestyles can be misleading if you cannot provide proof that all Distributors can and have achieved this level of income.
Instead of promoting your accomplishments, focus on inspiring and encouraging new enrollees.
- “Imagine what increasing your income would do for you.”
- “What are you willing to do to accomplish your dreams?”
- “You’re in control of your destiny.”
- “Sisel provides the potential for a happier, healthier life.”
The Sisel lifestyle provides an immense amount of opportunities, including financial opportunities, brimming with potential success. You should never need to use your (or others) earnings to recruit new Distributors.